Check out our extensive FAQ section
- How do I place an order?
You can use our online ordering system.
- Do I need to use the GeneSifter online system every time?
Yes, our online system is made for ease and accuracy of processing your order, submission, tracking, and data release.
- What kind of computer system is required for on-line system?
The system is designed to be compatible with all of the systems including PC, Mac, and many other conventional operating systems.
- How should we ship our sample plates?
Please ship all plates on dry ice or if this is unavailable seal plates with strip caps or heat seals. Also ship priority overnight.
- FedEx is not available in my location. How can I send the samples?
You can use DHL, UPS, or a courier service if in the Seattle area.
- Where should we ship the samples?
Our shipping address is:
High-Throughput Genomics Center
WTC East, Suite 600
2211 Elliott Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
- What if I have problems uploading the sample sheet?
The sample sheet should only contain alpha-numeric characters and underscores in the sample names, no spaces, commas, or parenthesis.
- How many plates can I have on an order?
As long as the samples are of the same type you can upload multiple sample sheets (plates) per order.
- Is GeneSifter the same as FinchLab?
No. FinchLab has been upgraded to GeneSifter to add our NextGen instrumentation and additional whole genome services.
- What are your preferred methods of purification?
We do not have any special preference for purification kit. Conventional column-type purification is good as well as the ExoSAP-IT® from Affymetrix/USB.
- I haven't received the arrival notice yet. What happened?
The arrival email is sent out the day we receive your samples. Please contact us if you believe your samples should have already arrived, there may have been a problem with shipment. You can also login to your account to check your order status.
- What is the average read length?
We read approximately 700-800bp per reaction.
- What kind of machines are you using?
We use ABI3730XL’s
- Do you provide the primer(s)?
We provide universal primers, one per 96-well plate.
- How much is it to run the samples with unsatisfactory results again?
Plates must pass our QC, if not they are re run before we send you the data. Please contact us with any questions.
- It seems that only a partial number of samples were processed. What about the other ones?
We assign all the samples in 384-well plates and proceed with our machines, and in some cases, your samples can be divided in two different plates. If this happens, you will be receiving the results in two different batches. Also, if you've requested samples for PCR purification along with samples for ready-to-sequence, they can be divided and sent separately. We will be giving all the results in the end, and if you don't receive the other part of the results within one week, please contact us immediately.
- How long are my samples kept in freezer?
We keep them for one month, and on special request we can extend this.
- Should I send the primers along with the template DNA?
The primers should be sent in separate tubes or plates, and not combined with the template DNA.
- Can we get back the samples we sent?
We are sorry. We do not send the samples back to the customer generally. But on special occasion, we are willing to do so with the shipping payment paid by recipient party.
- How long does it take to get my results back?
Within 3-5 business days for capillary sequencing, and 14-21 days for NextGen sequencing (may vary according to type of sequencing and project size). You will receive notification via email that your results are ready for download.
- I cannot open AB1 files.
Our AB1 files can be opened by conventional software such as Finch TV, Vector NTI, Sequencher and many other applications. For the customers without software, fasta files are also provided.
- How long are the results stored on FinchLab?
Data deletion and archiving are the customer’s responsibility.
- I cannot unzip the tar file.
You can find a free program at www.7-zip.org to uncompress these files.
- I haven't received my results yet.
Please allow 3-5 business days for most capillary sequencing orders and 14-21 days for most next-gen sequencing orders. You can check your order status any time. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for any updates.
- When will my sequence data be available?
Data is posted to Geospiza GeneSifter© as soon as it passes QC. You will receive confirmation that your results are ready for download via email. Turnaround times vary by the size and type of sequencing projects.
- How Long is my Next Gen data made available for download?
Your next gen data is stored on our server for 90 days after being posted. You should download and save your data at your site within that 90 days.
- My data is no longer available on your server. Can I still access it?
We archive your Next Gen data on tape. There is a service fee to unarchive and make your data available for download.
- Is my data kept secure and confidential?
- All customer information is kept strictly confidential and is never shared with any third party.
- All sequence information is strictly confidential and is available only to the customer. htSEQ staff may access data only during the process of data generation, or to address questions by the customer.
- How are the data files I received generated? How do I interpret them?
We have created a customer readme available on this site and also in the README portion of your download directory.
- Do you offer discounts for large orders?
Yes. Please contact us for a quote for large scale sequencing projects.
- What methods of payment do you offer?
We accept payments by way of Purchase Order, Visa or MasterCard. Money transfers are accepted on a case by case by prior arrangement. For Visa and MasterCard you will be directed how to submit card information in your invoice.
- Do you offer prepayment options?
Yes. Please contact us for more information.
- What is the minimum order?
Our minimum order size for capillary sequencing is 1 96-well plate. There is no minimum order size for NextGen sequencing.
- How will we be billed?
You will receive an invoice by email and by regular mail if requested.
- Do we need to fill out the Bill-to and Ship-to information on FinchLab?
Yes. Please use your University’s Accounts Payable Department address for the Bill-to.
- How long do I have to pay for my order?
You have 30 days upon receiving your invoice.